Being injured in a truck accident is a traumatic experience, and you may not know how to react or what to do – but the fact is, your actions can have a significant impact on your physical and financial recovery.
At William R. Rawlings & Associates, we want to help injured victims. To that end, our experienced Utah truck injury lawyers have prepared a list of important steps to take to protect your legal rights.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
If you’ve been hurt in a collision with an 18-wheeler, tractor-trailer, semi-truck or big rig, we recommend that you:
- Remain calm and immediately call 911 to summon the police and have an ambulance sent to the crash scene
- Refrain from making any comments about the cause of the collision or who is to blame for your injuries
- Seek out emergency treatment and follow-up medical attention, heeding the advice of your health care providers
While you’re still at the scene, try to get contact information for any witnesses to the truck collision. And, take photos of the accident scene, your vehicle and all other vehicles involved. If you’re not able, don’t worry – a truck accident attorney can get all of the necessary evidence.
Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney
Legal representation isn’t required for an accident claim, but hiring a lawyer is a good idea for several reasons. One major advantage is that an attorney can determine who is liable for your losses – and that may be the at-fault driver, the company they work for, a parts manufacturer or more than one party.
When you work with the dedicated team at William R. Rawlings & Associates, our truck accident attorneys will:
- Thoroughly investigate the truck collision
- Preserve and obtain all evidence related to the accident
- Handle settlement negotiations and litigate the claim
- Keep you updated on every aspect of your case
- Work hard to recover the damages you deserve
Contact William R. Rawlings & Associates Today
William R. Rawlings & Associates offers personalized legal representation to individuals who have been injured due to the negligence or careless actions of another party. Our law firm takes on many types of accident claims, including truck collisions – and we’re proud to have both decades of experience and a long history of successful case results.
You can expect our accident attorneys to do everything in their power to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve for your expenses and losses. Let us fight on your behalf while you focus on healing and recovering from your injuries. Contact us online or give our office a call and schedule a truck accident attorney consultation today.