Oct 24 2016


accident claims

Many accident victims we speak to don’t consider themselves the suing type. That is to say they don’t feel comfortable taking someone to court to seek compensation for their injuries. These conscientious individuals believe that if they sue, the at-fault driver will have to pay enormous amounts of money out of their own pockets. This is simply not the case.

If you’ve been injured in a car accident, truck accident, pedestrian accident, the individual who hit you should have liability insurance.  They have paid a premium for just these types of events.  The insurance company that holds that policy is the one required to pay your medical expenses and other damages, not the individual. That’s an important distinction to keep in mind when considering a lawsuit.  There are no out of pocket expenses the responsible party has to pay.  It is all paid for by their Insurance Company.

In addition, it’s important to know that the at-fault driver has little to no control over how their insurance company will handle the claim. Even if they want to do the right thing and compensate you for your injures, they can’t. It’s up to their insurance company, which is why it’s sometimes necessary to get a lawyer involved on your behalf. An experienced personal injury lawyer can work to make the insurance company live up to their obligation, not the person at fault.

Most of the time, personal injury cases are settled outside of court, making it easy on both parties involved. At William Rawlings & Associates we are proud of the fact that 98% of our cases are settled out of court!  We’ll do everything within our power to settle your case as quickly as possible, assuming the insurance company plays fair.  Know, however, we will take your case to trial if we are forced by the Insurance Company to do so because they are making ridiculous settlement offers.  Sometimes these offers may not even cover all your medical expenses.  We are experienced trial lawyers with over 35 years trying cases on behalf of our clients.  If you’ve been injured in an accident in the State of Utah give us a call today for a free consultation.