Utah Car Insurance Attorneys
Any passenger in a vehicle accident is considered free of liability or not at fault, unless they did something that distracted the driver, or in any other way contributed to the accident. Additionally, if you get into a vehicle knowing that the driver is intoxicated, you may have “assumed the risk” of being in an accident. If you are a passenger and you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may receive a cash award for your injuries and pain and suffering.
As a passenger, you may have a claim against all negligent parties, which can include the driver of the car you were riding in when the accident occurred, as well as the drivers of other vehicles involved. It is very important that you get as much information about the circumstances as possible, for example, who was driving each car, what happened, the weather or road conditions, and the name, address and phone number of any witnesses. Your independent information may be the key to receiving the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
We all purchase insurance to help us though the unexpected – including passenger injuries. If you were injured as a passenger in a car accident, you may have several options to obtain the compensation you need for recovery. William R. Rawlings & Associates will help you understand those rights, some of which are as follows:
- Car insurance claim: If you were injured as a passenger, you can make a claim against the insurance company that covers the car you are in, if the driver of that car is found to be at fault.
- Your own insurance: If there was insufficient liability insurance to cover a serious passenger injury, you can often makeup some or all of the shortfall by making a claim against your own policy. This generally will not affect your rates or increase your insurance premium.
- The other driver’s insurance: If a driver in another car was found responsible for the accident, you can make a claim against that insurance company.
Here’s what we can do for you:
- We can provide an immediate doctor’s visit for your injuries regardless of insurance available
- We will get all medical bills paid
- We will get you reimbursement for time missed from work
- Obtain a consultation with a plastic surgeon for any permanent scars
- Consultation with a psychologist for any emotional issues that need to be resolved
- Life Care Planning and Assistance for any lifelong disabilities
Call today for a free consultation and speak with one of our experienced Salt Lake City car accident attorneys. We will come to you, your home, your office or the hospital if necessary.
Free Case Evaluation. Call Now
Free legal advice